- Book and Graphic Art Conservation Achievement Award
- 2023 Marina Bicchieri, public lecture (Unveiling the invisible: the secret stories concealed in books, documents and works of art) on 20th March 2023
- 2022 Nicholas Pickwoad, public lecture (Book conservator and historian of bookbinding: a conflict of interest) on 22nd March 2022
- 2021 Emanuel Wenger, public lecture (Memoryofpaper - a portal to watermark databases) on 27th April 2021
- Book and Graphic Art Conservation Literature Award
The European Research Centre for Book and Paper Conservation-Restoration has established two awards
- 'Book and Graphic Art Conservation Achievement Award' BCAA
- 'Book and Graphic Art Conservation Literature Award' BCLA
The ‘Book and Graphic Art Conservation Achievement Award’ to natural or legal persons, represents the highest expression of recognition for those who have made significant contributions and continued commitment to excellence in endeavours of science, research, and leadership in the practice and theory of preservation, conservation, restoration and auxiliary fields'
For the ‘Conservation Achievement Award’, a third party must suggest a person to be awarded – no self-registration. Nominations should reach the ERC by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form can be downloaded here.
Suggestions to the board will be discussed once a year and the award given then within 3 months.
The 'Book and Graphic Art Conservation Literature Award' is given for an original published paper. The ‘Conservation Literature Award’ provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to be recognised for their commitment, innovation and resourcefulness towards the publication of their research or practice.
There will be two broad criteria used to judge the Award entries:
- Quality of Research (originality, accuracy, sources used)
- Writing quality (clarity, organization, command of terms and use of literature)
The ERC board members and CU team will read the submitted papers out of which the five best will be chosen. From these the best paper will be chosen in the following ERC board/jont CU team meeting.
The deadline for both awards is June 1st.